Pet Stain Odor Removal
While we love our pets, we certainly don’t love the pet stain odor removal in carpet. Removing urine stains and odors from your carpet requires a two-step process. The first step is getting rid of the spot and the second step is getting rid of the odor. Learning how to get dog and cat urine smells and stains is as easy as using common household ingredients or using professional grade cleaning products.
GETTING PET ODOR AND URINE OUT OF CARPETING
When it comes to lifting the urine spot out of carpet, it’s important to act fast. Hopefully, so it doesn’t permanently set into a stain. Cleaning it from carpet can be especially tricky since urine begins as a strong acid but crystallizes and becomes alkaline over time. Thankfully, Black Diamond Carpet Cleaning – St. George are experts, for example we are your pet urine near me carpet cleaners. You can try out these methods on your own for removing the urine spot from your carpet before calling.
- Clean white towels – We always recommend using white towels for cleaning so there’s no color transfer when blotting.
- Hydrogen peroxide 3% – This is a mild alternative to chlorine bleach that helps kill germs while being safe on fabric. Because it’s an oxidizing agent, this makes it effective for helping to break down stains and destroy odor-causing bacteria. Finally, we recommend hydrogen peroxide 3% because there’s potential for color loss if a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide is used.
- Empty spray bottles – For safe practice, always make sure spray bottles are clean and clear of any other residue before using.
- Liquid dishwashing detergent – This also helps lift spots from carpet and other fabric.
- Cold water
- White vinegar – White vinegar breaks down the uric acid in urine to help remove the spot and odor.
- Use Hydrogen Peroxide – Start by filling an empty spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide 3%. Spray the stain. You can also pour directly onto the carpet if you don’t have a spray bottle. Let sit until it dries.
- Blot All You Can – Using a clean towel, absorb as much of the liquid as you can before it penetrates the carpet pad or subflooring.
- Create Cleaning Solution & Blot – Then, mix a solution using 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap in an empty spray bottle. Spray the area with the solution. Then, allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes. Blot with a white towel. Repeat blotting as needed.
- Rinse with Cold Water – Next, you’ll want to flush the area with clean cold water and blot with as much pressure as you can until it is dry.
- Flush with White Vinegar & Blot – Finally, flush the area once more, but this time with white vinegar. Blot up as much of the vinegar as you can. Be sure to let the area dry completely before walking on it.
- Black Diamond Spot Removal – Since our cleaner has a neutral pH level, it’s safe to use carpet. It’s also effective to treat wicking spots, which are spots that reappear after a carpet has dried.
- Clean white towels – White towels are also good at showing how much of the urine is being lifted.
- Blot All You Can – Before using our solution, blot up as much of the urine as you can using a fresh, white towel.
- Spray Our Solution – Use Black Diamond Carpet Cleaning – St. George Spot remover first, shake well and turn spray nozzle to open. Spray on spot until wet.
- Let Solution Sit & Blot – Let sit for 2-4 minutes, then blot up with a clean, white towel moving from the outer edges of the stain inward.
- Rinse & Blot Dry – Rinse the affected area with clean water and once again, blot the area with another white, absorbent towel.
- Repeat – Repeat the steps above as needed until stain lifted.
- Dry – Let the area of carpet dry before walking over.
HOW TO REMOVE SMELLY PET URINE FROM YOUR CARPET
- Black Diamond Carpet Cleaning- St. George Near Me – This solution uses natural bacterial enzyme action to digest organic odor sources like urine. This eliminates the odor at the source rather than masking it with fragrances. It also uses a pairing agent to give immediate relief from any odors while the enzyme is working into the carpet.
- Clean white towels
- Make Sure Area is Dry – Before applying this deodorizing solution, make sure the spot you’re treating is dry.
- Spray The Solution – Next, shake our specialized solution and liberally apply directly onto the affected area.
- Press Into Carpet – After applying onto the carpet, press the solution into the carpet fibers using a towel.
- Keep Area Moist – Keep the solution moist over the carpet for at least 24 hours. You can do this by covering the treated area with a slightly damp cloth.
- Dry – Finally, after the solution sits for 24 hours, let the carpet successfully dry before walking over.